Friday, March 11, 2011

Some Update about the earthquake in Japan

Today after the lunch time,
I had my speech about Vatican city in my classroom.
After the speech, we felt that the whole building was shaking.
For me, this was normal.
Because Tokyo shake quite often!!
I thought it was just like normal shacking,
weak and end soon.
BUT
I was wrong!
The shaking kept going and became stronger!
I faster walk out the building and went to the gathering place.

First time I experience such a strong and long earthquake.
According to my teacher, this is the strongest earthquake in Tokyo in this few decades!
What a experience!

Because of the earthquake, all the train stop operating,
and I have to walk 7km backed to my dorm.
When I reached my dorm, i realize there was a blackout here!
Ooh NO!
With no food, no electricity, iPhone run out of battery, NON STOP aftershock...
This is horrible..

1 and the half hour later, finally blackout is solved!
I turn on my TV, all the channels are broadcasting about the news of the earthquake and tsunami.
This is terrible when seeing the situation in Japan right now.
More than 60 people die and few hundred of people are injured.
There is 3 people die in Tokyo and 2 people die in Kanagawa-Ken.
I stay in Kanagawa-Ken and it's beside Tokyo.
While watching the news, I realize actually Tokyo also attacked by a serious earthquake.
I felt so lucky that the earthquake in my work place and dorm is not that serious.
Terrible yet great experience for me.

Thanks God.
Please continue pray for Japan!

No comments: