Saturday, March 27, 2010

So call "hardship" in Italy

Today is Earth hour day in Malaysia.
Last year, I had it in Milan, Italy.
And today my friend mentioned about the train station incident we had in Milan.
Hmmm...It was a disaster to us..hahhaaa..
People only see my travel photo in facebook..
but all of you don't know the hard time I had when I was in Italy.
So, today I would like to share the hardship I had/we had during my 6 months internship in Italy.

1. Overnight at the railway station in Milan.
My friend Thayalan put his bread and toothbrush beside him while he was sleeping on a chair. The railway officer came to him and thought that we are beggar or people with no place to sleep. The whole night they keep disturbing us and made us can't even sleep well. Sigh, overnight in a cold railway station with no water, sleep on chair was pity enough, somemore misunderstood as a beggar by other...

2. Overnight at airport in every country we visited.
Since the flight was at the morning, so we decided not to overnight at hostel and sleep in airport.
London, Madrid, Paris...

3. 6 months time didn't have a haircut in salon.
Since I want to save money, so I myself became a barber.

4. 6 months time didn't have a proper dinner at restaurant.

Everynight cook myself. A person who only knew to cook maggie mee have to cook 3 dishes and 1 soup for every dinner. Cook until don't know what to cook, cook until no more idea and keep cook for the same dishes for 6 months.

5. Never have a proper meal while travel.

The only food we eat is McDONALD's. And the only burger we order was cheese burger which cost for 1 euro. Never had a BIG MAC McValue Set. Only burger!! Somemore need 3 burgers.. >.<

6. Cheap is the main priority.
Bought mineral water, chose the cheapest one. Only 0.18 Euro for 2 liters.
Bought cookies, chose the cheapest one. Have to really calculate the price/gram.
Bought Body Shampoo, chose the cheapest one. Only 0.99 Euro for 1 liter.
Bought Ingredient/food for cooking, chose the cheapest one. Potato cheap, everyday potato.

7. Never buy the bus ticket, became an illegal customer for 4 months.

We only bought the monthly ticket for first 2 months. But after that my friend get caught because our ticket was student ticket which was not eligible for us. Since that day, we all didn't buy bus ticket but everyday still using bus as our main transport. This is called illegal customer for 4 months throughout the Italy. From Venice to Milan, from Milan to Florence, from Florence to Rome, from Rome to Naples, from Naples to Palermo. Everywhere we went, no ticket please, save money.

8. Being treat like an "Indonesian worker".

Same in Malaysia, we all scare of Idonesian worker. When you are alone and got 6 Indonesian worker walk toward you. You also scare right. This is what we experience in Italy. Just the role are different. This time we became the Indonesian worker.

So far so good, I still alive.
I still love Italy and miss Italy life.
Haha...I tell you, It's not easy man. =)

No comments: