Thursday, October 27, 2011

Update of my work

Being transferred to new group almost a month already.
Still alive

What I am doing in this group is turbine design.
My company most powerful product is none other than steam turbine!
Although we received the technologies from GE, lol...

How many blades we need to design?
What material to use?
How long, how thick, how wide?
What temperature should be from this stage to that stage?
How high the pressure need to be?
Can the turbine support the stress, centrifugal force, etc?
bla bla bla...

So many things need to be decided!
So many things need to be considered!
Now I feel like I am a real engineer!

So happy that I was transferred to this group
although the opportunity of oversea business trip is super low.
In this group, I am not able to go oversea unless I have a very deep knowledge about turbine.
However, in previous group, I can easily go to a business trip if I know how to speak English!
haha.....

This is life!
If u get something good, you will definitely lose something else too.

Enjoy my work and start to hate OT........

No comments: